From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Group-Office is a PHP based dual license commercial/open source groupware product developed by Intermesh. The Open Source version is licensed under the GPL, and is available via SourceForge at their SourceForge Project Page.
The online suite puts independent "business office" applications onto a central server, making them accessible through a web browser and taking them off the desktop. The suite includes addressbook, calendar, email, timesheet, notes and website content management modules. The email client has IMAP and POP3 support, the calendar supports iCalendar import, and all can be synchronised with personal digital assistants, mobile phones, and Microsoft Outlook. It is also possible to create templates to export to OpenOffice.org. Files can be managed in an inbuilt file manager, and accessed through Samba, with webDAV support planned. User authentication is through GO or LDAP. The content management system includes an HTML editor, but also allows external editors to be used.
A LAMP environment is recommended on the server, and an OSNews.com review describes the installation process as "straightforward".
As of November 2006, the project has had over 146,000 downloads from SourceForge since its public appearance in March 2003. Group-Office has had a stall and presentations at Linux Wochen 2005 in Vienna.
- List of collaborative software
- ^ Open Source Industry Australia
- ^ a b c d Group-Office.com: Modules for Group-Office
- ^ Group-Office Professional 2.16 released
- ^ http://freshmeat.net/projects/group-office/
- ^ a b c OSnews: Group-Office 2.2 Pro Review
- ^ http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/?group_id=76359&ugn=group-office&type=&mode=alltime
- ^ Group-Office.com: Group-Office at Linux weeks in Vienna
Categories: Collaboration | File hosting | Groupware | Open source content management systems | PHP programming language | Web applications