From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gallery Project is an open source PHP project enabling simple management and publication of photographs and other digital media through a PHP-enabled Apache, IIS or Zeus web server. Photo management includes automatic thumbnails, resizing, rotation, and flipping, among other things. Albums can be organized hierarchically and individually controlled by administrators or privileged users.
In addition to Gallery 2.x, Gallery 1.x continues to be developed as well. Its current release version is 1.5.5-pl1, released on November 12, 2006.
The Gallery Project has also released a "Gallery Virtual Appliance", which allows users to test the current versions of both Gallery 1 and Gallery 2. More information can be found here.
Gallery 1.x is used by the official website of North Korea
- Official website
- Official Gallery Documentation Site
- PHPNuke, phpBB2, and phpBB3 Integration packages for Gallery 2
- Embedded Gallery Community Site
- Download page on SourceForge
- Project page on SourceForge
- Gallery screenshots
- Sample galleries
- imol.gotdns.com — home of GL_Gallery2, a Geeklog integration plugin for Gallery2
- WPG2 - Wordpress Plugin for Integration with Gallery2
- Gallery2 Image Chooser
- Carbon theme for Gallery
- SMF+Gallery2 - integration of Simple Machines Forum and Gallery2
- GLoSS - Gallery2 Local Screen Saver & Desktop Changer for Windows; shows images from a Gallery2 installation on your Windows PC
- Photo gallery comparison