From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chlorine Boards is a content management system system for creating and managing website in a simple fashion. It is a framework into which modules are plugged; these modules then make the website what it is and with the use of correct modules the website can be anything. Installation of modules and the framework itself is done through an Ajax powered console where the user imputs a command to install a module. The module is then automatically downloaded from the hosting server, unpacked, installed and configured without user intervention. The website thus practically creates itself, the user only supervises the action.
- Modular system
- Multi-lingual support -- the language is automatically chosen according to the browser settings of the user
- Memory caching -- all results of slow processes are cached into memory via memcached and in version 0.6.3 the whole HTML output of the website is cached so that on average only 2 sql queries are needed for any part of the website, no matter how complex
- Console -- one of the more important features is a shell-like console with all the basic commands that are found in a Linux shell and a Portage (software)-like module installing system
Chlorine Boards uses an advanced moduling system where the modules do not need to "know each other". The whole idea is that when a coder is creating a new module and wishes to use features of a different module, they do not need to know the name of the exact function, its arguments or even the name of the module they are executing. Upon such a call an unknown number of modules are awoken and an unknown number of functions executed.
The only thing the coder thus needs to know is what variables are needed to perform the task (the variables they "share") and what variables they expect in return (variables that are "shared" by the executed modules). This provides an easy to work with environment both for the coders and the users alike.
- List of content management systems
- Chlorine Boards official website
- Chlorine Boards on SourceForge
Categories: Content management systems | Open source content management systems | PHP programming language