From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of existing Qinpu 「琴譜」 or tablature score collections for the Chinese musical instrument, the guqin.
What are qinpu?
Qinpu are collections of tablatures of music for the guqin. In the past, music was passed on from teacher to student. Only recently has tablature been written down, often to preserve music or as a reference book. Tablature comes in form of individual and collections. Collections often have additional material attached to them, like explanation of fingering, qin lore, music theory, etc.
Guide to tables
The qinpu are grouped into various time periods in chronological order.
- Number: The number the qinpu is listed in Zha Fuxi's Cunjian Guqin Qupu Jilan. Modern ones (and those that Zha Fuxi missed) do not have this number, therefore will be marked 'N/A'.
- Name of Qinpu (Chinese): The full/traditional Chinese characters and pinyin name of the qinpu. Note: the characters used in these listings may not reflect the actual characters originally used in the title page of the original qinpu, which sometimes uses rare and obsolete characters.
- Name of Qinpu (English): The English translation of the name of the qinpu.
- Author / Compiler: The name of the author or compiler of said qinpu, in Chinese characters, then in pinyin.
- Date of Publication: The date when the qinpu was published, or the date of the earliest dated preface in the qinpu. If there is no date, then the period will be listed.
- Volumes and / or Number of Scores: The number of volumes (juan 卷, not physical folios or ce 册) of the qinpu and the number of pieces it contains. If it is not separated into volumes, then only the number of pieces will be displayed. If there is no information on the volume number or number of pieces, it would be marked 'Not specified' or 'Doesn't specify'.
- Remarks: Any other important remarks about the qinpu in question, such as importance, usefulness, availability and ISBN if printed in a recent facsimile.
If there is no information, the field will be left blank.
List of located qinpu
List of contemporary (21st century) qinpu
List of little known qinpu
- Zha, Fuxi (1958). Cunjian Guqin Qupu Jilan 【存見古琴曲譜輯覽】. Beijing: The People's Music Publishers. ISBN 7-103-02379-4.
- Christopher Evan's site Zha Fuxi's list of tablature collections in pinyin alphabetical order.