From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The ShahMai Network is a UK based spiritual organization with beliefs similar to those of neopaganism. The Network organizes retreats, meetings and training in various practices including fasting, meditation and trance. The ShahMai Network is active within the peace and humanitarian movements, and has been vocal in opposition to the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. They were also members of the 2005 Make Poverty History coalition.
ShahMai Network Principles
- Respect for and active promotion of human rights
- Active promotion and practice of Nonviolence
- Promotion of a vegetarian or vegan diet, and support for animal rights
- Belief in equality for all, with no discrimination on the basis of gender, race, sexuality, religion etc.
- Active promotion and practice of environmentalism
- The ShahMai Network - Main organization website