From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft Expression Blend is Microsoft's upcoming user interface design tool for creating web and desktop applications that blend the features of these two types of applications.  These applications are based on the .NET Framework 3.0 and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).  It is effectively an interactive/WYSIWYG front-end for XAML and WPF.
Expression Blend supports ClearType, vector-based 2-D widgets, and 3-D widgets with hardware acceleration via DirectX. It is completely written using WPF, as opposed to Windows' older GDI or GDI+ graphics technologies. It is one of four applications in the Microsoft Expression suite.
Expression Blend was code-named Sparkle, and originally the product was announced as Microsoft Expression Interactive Designer, before it was renamed Expression Blend in December 2006. On January 24, 2007, Microsoft released the first public Community Technology Preview of Expression Blend as a free download on their web site. 
- Design Ultimate Experiences. Microsoft Corporation (2007). Retrieved on 2007-01-14.
- What is Expression Blend?. Microsoft Expression Blend Frequently Asked Questions. Microsoft Corporation (2007). Retrieved on 2007-01-14.
- Microsoft Expression Blend. Microsoft Corporation (2007). Retrieved on 2007-01-14.
- Product page at microsoft.com
- XAMLdev.com A selection of categorized resources on XAML and Expression
- Free Trial Download of Expression Blend
- Microsoft Expression team blog - News, samples, tutorials
- Microsoft Expression
- New video interview of 3 Expression Interactive Designer team members: watch them build a Flickr front-end application
- Video interview of Expression Interactive Designer team members
Categories: Upcoming software | Microsoft Expression products | Microsoft software | Software stubs